To fuel your new endeavors, we’d like to start with your morning routine and breakfast.
And please remember dear ones, the suggestions we will be sharing are actions that have worked for us on our paths towards wellness. They are not meant as absolutes, only food for thought in your personal processes towards a blissful body and mind.
The morning routine consists of four activities that should take about an hour to complete. Wake up early every morning to establish the direction of your day.
There are many benefits to waking up early, which we will discuss later. Use the restroom, get comfortable, have a special space for this routine, a beautiful journal, crystals or other personal objects, light a candle, make a cup of tea, etc.
- Workout for 20 mins- whatever you can do; stretch, yoga, breathing exercises, weight lifting etc. Do a warm-up stretch of 5-7 minutes, then 8-10 mins of vigorous exercise-such as strength training and/or cardio, then a 5-7 min ab workout.
- Meditate for 10 mins- lots of suggestions online, we like anything by Solara-an-ra; especially the morning chakra meditation.
3. Journal for 7-15 minutes- let it all out, then write five gratitudes such as; I’m thankful I started this practice, I’m thankful for this chair I’m sitting on, I’m thankful for this warm cup of tea, I’m thankful for my paper and pen, I’m thankful for the hand that I’m using to write these gratitudes- if you don’t have hands, I’m thankful for voice recognition software… dig deep! Sign your name and date.
4. Read for 20 minutes- suggestions would be something that inspires you; Native American Teachings, Teachings of the Buddha, The Torah, The Bible, The Bhagavad Gita, The Tao te Ching, The Quran, Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, etc. and be sure to include “Feminist Weed Farmer” by Madrone Stewart for step by step instructions for beginner cannabis (mindful medicine) growers.
- If this routine is too ambitious to start, we recommend that you start with working out and meditating. One percent of your day is only 14 minutes. Accomplishing all four activities is less than five percent of your day.
- It takes 21 days to make or break a habit, it takes 66 days for a routine to become second nature, so hang tough! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Fuel for the Day
After you’ve exercised, meditated, journaled and read, please take a cool shower and get ready for your day. We highly recommend this recipe for clean energy. See video below recipe!
Morning Porridge Recipe
- 2 Cups Coconut Water
- 2 Tbsp Organic Finely Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Flax Seed Meal
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Milk of Your choice
- A big glob coconut cream from a can
- Goodies for toppings, Berries, Sprouted Nuts, Himalayan Sea Salt, Cinnamon, Cardamon, etc.
Start soaking the ingredients the night before as a time saver. I put one cup of each; finely shredded coconut, flax seed meal and chia seeds, with a little Himalayan Sea Salt and some cinnamon or other spice in a large jar for extra ease. Use a little less than a half cup per serving of this mix for maximum time saving efficiency.
- Put 2 cups of coconut water in a pan
- Add 2 Tbsp of Organic, Sugar-Free Finely shredded coconut
- Add 2 Tbs of Flax seed meal
- Add 2 Tbs of Chia Seeds
- Mix thoroughly, then let soak about 15 mins.
- Add about 1/2 cup of milk of your choice (I use Ripple Plant-Based Milk, unsweetened.)
- Add a big glob of coconut cream from a can and a sprinkle of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Heat til thick and small bubbles form.
- Top with berries, sprouted nuts, cinnamon, cardamon-be creative!
Enjoy! You’ll get about 3-4 hours of clean energy from this breakfast!
Other Breakfast Ideas
Bed of sautéed spinach, onions and mushrooms with eggs
Smash an Avocado on toasted Ezekiel Bread
Thank-you for joining us on our healing journey!!!!
Please send us an email: email@example.com We would love your feedback and for you to join our ever-growing community of kindred spirits.
SEE YOU SOON!
One thought on “#9 – Daily Morning Routine”